'If you were to ask me to tell you about my wife, I would have to warn you at the outset that I don't know a great deal about her. Or at least, not as much as I thought I did...'Alex is a solitary London lawyer who is deeply in love with his beautiful wife, Rachel.
When Rachel is brutally murdered one Midsummer Night in Oxford, all of his happiness vanishes.
Shrouded in shock and grief, he returns to Oxford that winter and begins to try to piece together the mystery surrounding Rachel's death, discovering in her wake a tangled web of sex and jealousy, of would-be lovers and spiteful friends, of blackmail, and of revenge.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 384 pages
- Publisher: Vintage Publishing
- Publication Date: 04/04/2013
- Category: Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
- ISBN: 9780099563594
- EPUB from £4.99
- eAudiobook MP3 from £13.49