In the 1950s, the Wade potteries of England and Ireland became famous for the miniature ceramic figurines sold under the Whimsies name.
Decades later, Wade is still producing Whimsies and they are popular with collectors of all ages.
Over 800 striking illustrations, mostly in colour, detail the sets of Whimsies, along with their presentation boxes, advertising literature, and flyers.
Over 160 black and white photos display the Wade makers' marks.
The Tom Smith Party Cracker figurines, miniature village sets, premiums, and promotional figures are depicted and colour and size variations are noted.
Current values are found in both US dollars and UK pounds.
Everyone who enjoys ceramic miniatures will treasure this book.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 224 pages, 800 colour & 182 b/w photos
- Publisher: Schiffer Publishing Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/06/2008
- Category: Antiques & collectables: ceramics & glass
- ISBN: 9780764330773