Leonardo daVinci was one of the greatest anatomists ever to have lived.
He dissected more than thirty human corpses in order to explore every aspect of anatomy and physiology.
His findings are recorded in drawings of unparalleled beauty and lucidity, as well as in notes that bear witness to his astonishing insights into the subject.
This book presents 87 of the finest of these documents the largest showing of Leonardo's anatomical studies there has ever been with a full discussion of their anatomical content and their significance in Leonardo's pioneering work.
It is an essential work of reference for the Leonardo enthusiast as well as a unique exploration of the anatomy of the human body itself.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 256 pages, With over 126 colour illustrations and 11 fully annotated diagrams
- Publisher: Royal Collection Trust
- Publication Date: 10/02/2014
- Category: Renaissance art
- ISBN: 9781909741034