The Little Book of Scottish Rain Paperback / softback
by Ron Butlin
Illustrated by Tim Kirby
Bleeters come and bleeters go,they never, never stay -if it's not raining nowmore rain is on the way. It's widely reported that Eskimos have over 50 words for snow.
Given the equivalent ubiquity of rain in Britain's northern climes, it is not surprising that Scots have coined just as many (and possibly many more) expressions for the many different types of precipitation that fall from our skies. In this book Ron Butlin introduces 50 of the most colourful Scottish words for rain in humorous and memorable verse, imaginatively accompanied with illustrations by Tim Kirby.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 96 pages, Line drawings, black and white
- Publisher: Birlinn General
- Publication Date: 06/09/2018
- Category: Poetry by individual poets
- ISBN: 9781780275574